In our daily life, we often forget the function of bearing in our daily life. In this time, we will take a time to learn about bearing.
A bearing is a machine element that constrains relative motion to only the desired motion, and reduces friction between moving parts. The design of the bearing may, for example, provide for free linear movement of the moving part or for free rotation around a fixed axis; or, it may prevent a motion by controlling the vectors of normal forces that bear on the moving parts. Most bearings facilitate the desired motion by minimizing friction. Bearings are classified broadly according to the type of operation, the motions allowed, or to the directions of the loads (forces) applied to the parts.
Without bearing, machine cannot work proportionally. Because of this, bearing is significant in our daily lives. This means bearing is vital for the industrial growth in Indonesia.
In general, there are at least 6 common types of bearing, each of which operates on different principles:
- Plain bearing, consisting of a shaft rotating in a hole. There are several specific styles: bushing, journal bearing, sleeve bearing, rifle bearing, and composite bearing.
- Rolling-element bearing, in which rolling elements placed between the turning and stationary races prevent sliding friction. There are two main types
- Ball bearing, in which the rolling elements are spherical balls
- Roller bearing, in which the rolling elements are cylindrical rollers
- Jewel bearing, a plain bearing in which one of the bearing surfaces is made of an ultra hard glassy jewel material such as sapphire to reduce friction and wear
- Fluid bearing, a noncontact bearing in which the load is supported by a gas or liquid,
- Magnetic bearing, in which the load is supported by a magnetic field
- Flexure bearing, in which the motion is supported by a load element which bends.
Since 1973, PT Garuda Bearindo Makmur has been the Supplier and Leading Distributor of brands like SKF, FAG,Koyo, NTN, NSK, Fyh,IKO,INA,JNS,SAMICK in Indonesia. We sell our bearings to factories, bearing shops in Glodok, and throughout Indonesia.